Car importers in the Solomon Islands must register with the IRD for licensing.

What is the registration process?

For imported vehicles, a registration application form (TR01) is required. Used vehicles will fill the lower section of the vehicle registration certificate. Upon receipt of these forms, the IRD will issue a certificate of registration to the owner.

Vehicle Inspection and Insurance

To inspect your automobile, go to the Department of Infrastructure and Development (MID) for your inspection fees. Then send the receipt to the Department of Public Works to find an inspection period. Third party insurance is mandatory and available from an insurer or broker.

You can file an inspection certificate, a third party insurance policy and a license form (TR03) with the IRD. The latter will issue a license to stick on the left side of the windscreen.


Vehicle License:

Heavy vehicles:

Light commercial vehicles:

Particular Cars: